MSP ASIA Summit 2018 in Taiwan - a memorable experience as MSP!!
--Before I start my posting, I want to ask to you guys to be excused that I'm not good at writing in English. So, It could be possible that my intent is slightly distorted or expressed in different manner against my intention. So If you want to fix any english related error on my post, freely contact me with the comment!! I just write this post in english since I want to practice my english ability and want to share my experience with many people abroad. Thank you for reading this!--
More than two months passed from the Asia Summit. Thanks to my laziness, this post is very late. I know. MSP Asia Summit was held in june 26~30 in Taipei, Taiwan. Microsoft Student Partner is an group of students who are interested in or studing the area of engineering (especially department of computer science). Microsoft organized this and give us many opportunity to learn skills, to organize evangelisms, and to join in technical seminars and networking events. Asia Summit is one of the networking event where MSPs from asia-pacific region can meet together. I met many MSPs from Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapole, Hongkong, Japan, India, New Zealand and so on. (During those time was the best time for me to increase my English ability because we spend all the time together even in the accommodation!) We were getting familiar each other, took some technical sessions related to AI, especially in Azure ML, joined in AI hackathon, shared our experiences as MSP, some interested areas in computer science and share our opinions about them.
More than two months passed from the Asia Summit. Thanks to my laziness, this post is very late. I know. MSP Asia Summit was held in june 26~30 in Taipei, Taiwan. Microsoft Student Partner is an group of students who are interested in or studing the area of engineering (especially department of computer science). Microsoft organized this and give us many opportunity to learn skills, to organize evangelisms, and to join in technical seminars and networking events. Asia Summit is one of the networking event where MSPs from asia-pacific region can meet together. I met many MSPs from Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapole, Hongkong, Japan, India, New Zealand and so on. (During those time was the best time for me to increase my English ability because we spend all the time together even in the accommodation!) We were getting familiar each other, took some technical sessions related to AI, especially in Azure ML, joined in AI hackathon, shared our experiences as MSP, some interested areas in computer science and share our opinions about them.
Day 1
In this session, Korean, Malaysian, and Singapole MSPs are getting familiar together and went to the Din tai fung and night market after this session. We made an chat-room at that time and it still remains now!
Day 2
At morning, we took a session related to AI by MSP regional leaders and also saw the presentations by MSPs about their experiences as MSP.
After taking lunch, we took a class about how to use Azure ML and
we took a NTU campus tour. The campus was incredibly large!
At evening, we have a time for recreation and networking time with various taiwan snacks and gourmets. This networking time was one of the most memorable time in the summit for me.
Day 3
In addition to various snacks, various teas are given to us during the sessions!
At Day 3, we did the AI hackathon with Azure ML! We joined one of the kaggle projects and made a model with Azure ML! Unfortunately, Azure ML didn't work well because of the heavy load, but that was the first time for me to try kaggle project (even I couldn't finished, hahaha...)
Day 4
At the last day, we visited to the Microsoft Taipei. It was at the19th floor in the skyscraper, very similar to MSP Korea! At there, we took a recreation and some MSPs who won the regional Imagine cup introduce themselves and their projects. India team made an App being able to classify the pills and China team made an medical service...and so on. The most memorable project for me was ALS diagnosis service from china team. They collaborated with their university's hospital and get the dataset and got advices, and even make an diagnostic device. and based on deep learning, they make a diagnosis to the patient. It was awesome and I was overwhelmed by their passion and amazing cleverness!
Many things I experienced in this summit, learned many things. But the best point for me was making the friends from abroad sharing the same interest and passion to the technology. They live in overseas, but they share the similar experience as doing evangelism, and they are also interested in what I am interested, and they also share similar worries like me. They looked very wicked at first, but at the time they talk about their interesting fields, their eyes were shining and they were doing their best in that fields by the way different from me, even better than me. Seeing this, I was also stimulated! Maybe this is the purpose of this event. Every schedules are focusing on the networking between us.
It was very good experience for me to make friendship with them. Plus, It was very good opportunity for me to increase my english speaking ability haha
























댓글
댓글 쓰기